Monday, April 26, 2010

Product Rave: MAC Face and Body Foundation Review

Having read reviews about this foundation, I thought this would give next to no coverage, but I was surprised because the coverage is sufficient and great for the summer. I wanted a lighter-weight foundation, akin to a tinted moisturizer and this provides that and more. F&B is described as "a water-based, water-resistant foundation that provides long-lasting, natural coverage for face and/or body. Ideal for all skin types.... contains several emollients to help moisturize and condition the skin. It delivers professional looking results that meet the exacting standards of beauty photography and is ideal for perfecting the face and body." (MAC Cosmetics website)

 
MAC Face and Body (N1). MAC Face and Body foundation retails for $38.50 CAD, it comes in a large 120ml bottle. So for the price, you get a lot, compared to MAC's other foundations which offer about 30ml. I actually have no problem with the packaging, there is no pump, but there is a spout, which allows you to squeeze out the right amount of product. You have to shake this foundation before using it because it is like foundation suspended in water, it is very watery. I got this in N1, C1 looked too yellow and I wanted something more neutral looking. I did go to a MAC counter (don't have any stores nearby) to try this out, but counters do not carry this! so I had to order it online. Actually the sales rep told me that other people came in asking for it that same day too, so it is popular at this time of year. I can see why.

This foundation is totally the opposite of all the other MAC foundations that I have used, it is light, does not feel thick or cakey. If you want coverage, to cover acne or problem areas, do not get this. I read reviews where people are disappointed about the coverage of this, when clearly it is described as natural coverage, meaning not full coverage! This foundation is the foundation to wear on days that you do not want to feel like you are wearing anything. I like the effect that it gives though, it gives some colour to my pale face.

Wearing Face & Body in N1 and a bit of MAC By Candelight MSF

The Good:
* Light coverage for the summer
* Nice, large bottle
* Water resistant
* Moisturizing 

The Bad
* No sunscreen

4 comments:

Carrie Tai said... Best Blogger Tips

wow... great complexion!

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks Carrie :)

Ashley01 said... Best Blogger Tips

You have great skin!! So pretty!!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

hm, im thinking about picking up this foundation at the mac sale. im not sure what color i would be. i have been NC30 for their other foundations but sometimes i look lighter to be NC30 but i dont know :(