Friday, May 14, 2010

American Apparel Nail Polishes: New Summer Colours Press Release

I recently picked up some nail lacquers from American Apparel and was quite pleased with them. Well, they are expanding their collection from 18 to 24 with 6 new colours for spring/summer (one is a topcoat).  Apparently the old colours were just an experiment and these new colours were meant to go together and suit the new styles they have coming in their clothing line this season. I've seen several nail bloggers get the press release for this collection.

american apparel new summer colours
Left to Right: Top coat, Malibu Green, L Esprit, Summer Peach, California Trooper and Butter.

The colours look cute. I am interested in Malibu Green, L Esprit and Summer Peach. I have seen very little swatches of these colours so far, so it's hard to say if they are good or not. But I am definitely intrigued. I also got a newsletter code today for 30% off May 13-16, and was going to use it on a few of these polishes, but when I enter it, it says invalid, so it gives me the suspicion that it's US only, typical. I wrote to customer service and we shall see what happens.

What do you think of these polishes? you getting any?

3 comments:

Laura Beth said... Best Blogger Tips

oh, I love the packaging, the colors are so pretty too! I think they're worth getting :)

makeuponmind.blogspot

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@ ya the square bottles are cute, kinda awkward for photographing, but nice for organizing cause they fit into each other.

...still no response from AA regarding that 30% off promo. If they don't respond, they ain't getting my business.

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

nevermind just ordered, I got a tip from makeupalley about taking out the last d in the code if you aren't in the US and it worked.

If anyone wants to use the code for 30% off - AA5112414524FFd (and take out the "d" at the end if you are in Canada).

I ordered:
-Summer Peach
-Palm Springs
-3 Pack with
Nail Polish (3-Pack) w/ Butter, Malibu Green and L Esprit.