Thursday, May 6, 2010

China Glaze Spring 2010 Up and Away: Part 2 Swatches and Reviews

china glaze up and away
I got some more China Glaze Up and Away's in the mail recently. This is my Part 2, which consists of the more deeper shades, Part 1 were my pastels (click here to read about Part 1). All swatches below are two coats, formulation is very good, smooth, on the thick side. There is a basecoat under all of these, but no topcoat. I love this collection :D

china glaze peachykeen
China Glaze Peachykeen
Peachykeen is a beautiful true peach colour, it's on the lighter side, almost pastely. I initially passed on this one and got Essie Tart Deco instead, thinking this one was too orange, and that was a BIG mistake cause the Essie oxidizes with topcoat over it. This is w/o topcoat so who knows but I think it's lovely. If you like peach nail polishes, this is THE one to get!

china glaze sugar high
China Glaze Sugar High
This one is sweet loveliness. A vibrant medium pink, so sweet, just like sugar!

china glaze flyin high
China Glaze Flyin' High
This is the winner of the collection I think! Flyin' High is a medium blue-green, teal colour. This is similar to China Glaze's Custom Kicks (from the Kicks collection). I accidentally ordered two of these, I wanted it that badly! :D

china glaze grape pop
China Glaze Grape Pop
I have a lot of purples in my collection, but nothing like this one. Grape Pop is an ultra-vibrant, dark, fabulous purple. You could do with only one thick coat on this one, since it's sooo pigmented, it's easy to overdo it.

There you have it! That's my entire "Up and Away" collection. I really should of bought Four Leaf Clover (the green one), it looks really nice in swatches, and I've been getting into greens lately. I passed on all the reds too, didn't really like them and have dupes. This collection is just gorgeous, apply well, very pigmented too. I would say the must have are: some of the pastels for sure, I would choose Something Sweet, Light as Air, and then from the more deeper side, I would get Peachykeen,and Flying High. This collection came out in January, my Sally's did not have any left last time I checked, and I bought all of mine online (from Transdesign and Amazon).

5 comments:

Recalcitrant Nails said... Best Blogger Tips

I've been wanting Grape Pop. Otherwise, if their Up and Away collection is anything like their Sweet collection (which I do have) - its fun!

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

Sweet is Orly. ;)

kali said... Best Blogger Tips

Hey Justine, lovely swatches as always! I just wanted to drop by to tell you I've given you an award. =)

Go here to accept it: http://themakeupdrawer.blogspot.com/2010/05/sweet-blog-award-washable-pads-yes-ones.html

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Hey Justine! I love the blog... I've been working hard a a beauty blog recently, I will let you know when it's ready for views! :) I LOVE LOVE LOVE these colours! Where can you find them??? Thanks love :) meguwo

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@kali - thanks for the award!

@meganhickman - You can get china glaze at Sally's beauty supply. I bought all off these online from transdesign.