Friday, May 28, 2010

MAC's New Mascara Opulash

mac opulash mascara

MAC has come out with a new mascara called Opulash. Here is the press release: "The biggest, baddest, bouffant lashes EVER are making noise with their sexy sweep. Opulash creates aesthetic extremes when it gets going, for a dramatic end look. Superlative separation, sublime innovation: Everything a M·A·C Artist lives for!"

It comes in only one colour, Bad Bad Black, sounds Bad? It retails for $16.50, on the MAC Canada website. I am not a big fan of MAC mascaras, however, the only one I've used is zoomlash, I get free samples of that one all the time with online orders. I hear that Plushlash is actually pretty nice. Mascara to me is one of those things where I could buy an expensive YSL or Dior something, and I am sure they are good, but they dry up so fast and I have sooo many drugstore ones that it's really not worth my while.

Also, with my email from MAC today, I found out you can get free standard shipping, until June 6th, 2010 for any Canadian orders, no code needed. There is also a current free shipping code "Beach" that is valid until May 30, 2010.

What do you think of MAC's mascaras? Do have tried any?

6 comments:

kellyyes said... Best Blogger Tips

yes i agree with you, i have heard mac mascaras arent very good but i have only tried the zoomlash (like you, through sampling).

Laura Beth said... Best Blogger Tips

Actually never tried MAC mascara before. I like the ad though, such a soft yet long look, very natural. This may be my first try.. thanks for sharing :)

makeuponmind.blogspot

marti said... Best Blogger Tips

I have tried this mascara once when pret-a-papier came out. The MA used it on me and it was actually decent. Nothing amazing but I would actually consider getting it because my lashes are shorty short short and stick straight and this mascara did a good job of separating and lengthening. My mom even thought it looked nice..lol

Kristie said... Best Blogger Tips

I've tried MAC Plushlash and it's ok but not omg the greatest thing on earth. It still flakes and smudges on me...just not as bad at Diorshow.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

tried this at the counter, nothing exciting.. did you try it out yet at the counter ?

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@eleventh - nah I haven't tried it, just thought it was neat how they came out with a new one. I have enough mascaras already, mac ones are expensive too.