Sunday, October 17, 2010

NOTD: Revlon Gray Suede

Nude polishes are like my transition from the colourful stuff that I wore in the spring/summer into the dark, fall/winter colours that I'll be wearing soon. I purchased this polish during my last Revlon haul. Like I said before, I passed on this initially because it looked really blah compared to the other Daydreamer polishes (Lilac Pastelle, Peach Petal and Minted). That collection came out this past spring, so I didn't think I would find it again, since it was a limited edition colour. After seeing swatches of this colour online, I decided to pick it up, and it was like $3.50 on sale, so why not.

Gray Suede is a beige brown with purple undertones, I don't really see much gray in it at all. It's an interesting colour and looks much more interesting on the nail than in the bottle. It also has teeny tiny shimmers in it, that you can't really notice on the nail. This colour is very similar to Orly's Country Club Khaki. 2 coats gets it opaque, although application was tricky on this one, it went on uneven and bubbled for me. I find Revlon has really pretty colours and they are cheap polishes, but they do not apply as nicely as OPI. I change my polish often, so it isn't a big deal for me, as long as it looks nice for 1-2 days it's all good.

Do you have this polish? Do you like it?

9 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

pretty color :)

AmyRoto said... Best Blogger Tips

It is such an odd name they chose - gray suede. It really isn't gray at all. Nude Suede? haha

Risa said... Best Blogger Tips

This is such a pretty color. Really reminds me of fall. Thanks for the swatches. I'm ur newest follower.

xx
mycharmingvanity.blogspot.com

Leticia said... Best Blogger Tips

Pretty! I expected some sort of gray from the name. I have a few Revlon polishes and I agree, they don't go on as nicely as other polishes.

Cindy said... Best Blogger Tips

i have it. i wore it a lot in the spring but i prefer, opi, essie and american apparel polishes. the quality is just better.

Jo said... Best Blogger Tips

Quite like this one for fall :)

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Cindy - I agree with you, but I gotta use up what I got :)

Beautynewbie said... Best Blogger Tips

I have this one too, and I agree, it's definitely not gray.... I think they should have named it "mute" because it's pretty like a whisper, but not gray.

Renay said... Best Blogger Tips

Gorgeous color for Fall!!