Friday, November 5, 2010

Clinique Redness Solutions Foundation and Gift With Purchase Haul

Earlier this week I picked up Clinique's new Redness Solutions foundation. I previously posted about how I had a difficult time during my last trip to a Clinique counter. This time around I tried one in another city and did very well. The Clinique rep at this counter talked to me about my skin, tried the foundation on my face, applies two different shades to find my best match, and tried on several other products on me too. I was pretty certain I was getting this one because so many of you recommended it to me and it sounded great. My first impressions of the Redness Solutions foundation is it's an amazing foundation! It does tone down the redness, has medium coverage (leaning more on the heavy medium side) and feels like nothing on your skin. I got it in the lightest colour, "Claming Ivory". I think if you are lighter than me (NC15) I would be weary of trying this because the lightest is not that light at all. The good thing, I do not find this foundation (in this colour) pink at all, it's quite yellow-ish, which I like. I've read over and over that Clinique's foundations are too pink.


I got a bit carried away when the Clinique girl was applying all the products to my face and wanted to buy everything. I ended up going home with this foundation, the GWP and a Redness Solutions Cleanser too. I came home and had buyer's remorse right away, and took the cleanser back today, it was $26.50 and I really didn't need it. However, I am interested in the Redness Relief Mineral powder that she used on me as a setting powder (yellow powder) if any of you have tried that, please let me know! It looks very similar to Everyday Minerals Sunlight Corrector, which I still have samples of, but for much more money. I am curious if it actually calms or relieves your skin. The moisturizer that she used on me, the Redness Solutions Relief Cream, that was really nice too, but $53 for a tub of that. I think the way to go would be to get the trial set, that was like $58 with three products: the cream, protective base and cleanser, maybe I will ask for that for Christmas.

I picked this up now because Sears (in Canada) currently has a gift with purchase until November 10, 2010 when you spend $26.50 (this foundation was $30). I love gift with purchases! However I do wish they came with the Dramatically Different Moisturizing GEL instead of the lotion (they always put the lotion) because I have the lotion already (several of them). I posted about this on Canadian Daily Deals, my other website, definitely check it out if you haven't yet!

The gift with purchase comes with 7 items: Rinse Off Eye Makeup Solvent (good size), Rinse-off Foaming Cleanser, Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion (boo), Lipstick/Gloss Duo in Different Raspberry Glace & Long Last Glosswear SPF 15 in Fireberry, High Lengths Mascara, Pop up mirror with brush and a Cosmetics bag of course. I am most excited about the solvent and cleanser.


Have you tried any of the  Clinique Redness Solutions line?

12 comments:

MUA Lindsay said... Best Blogger Tips

I agree with you, they should occasionally put the DDM Gel in the GWPs. I like it so much more than the Lotion, so I tend to never use them.

As far as the powder, I haven't purchased it, but I had a consultant try it on me once. I really liked it, but I'm not so keen on loose powders. Rumor is there is a pressed version releasing in Dec (in US anyways - I think it's already out in the UK).

I use a combo of the Redness Line & 3-Step. I used purely the Redness Line for almost a year, but found it wasn't controlling my oil. I now use Redness Cleanser, #3 Toner & DDM Gel in the mornings and Mild Liquid Cleanser, #3 Toner & Redness Cream at night. ((Plus All About Eyes Rich morning & night, AAE Serum at night and Superdefense SPF 25 in the morning.)) I had the Protective Base, but never used it, so I think I got rid of it. I find the Full size Cleanser & Cream last 4+ months with twice daily use, but more now that I only use each once a day. And the trial set is great for travel!

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@MUA Lindsay - wow thanks for the comment! I will have to look out for the powder. I don't like powder in general on my dry skin,but I feel the need to set sometimes and I feel like this foundation has that "wet" feel longer than I would like. I used one of everyday minerals finishing powder yesterday with a fan brush very lightly and it worked good. I tend to look too white and very dry with powder overtop so I want something light.

Tiffany said... Best Blogger Tips

Glad to hear you had a more pleasant experience at Clinique this time around :) I've tried a sample of this foundation and I thought it was pretty nice but I don't really have issues with redness so I don't think this foundation is really geared towards my skin type. The GWP looks nice!

LJ said... Best Blogger Tips

I've never heard of that product. Thanks for the review. I use the liquid compact and they don't make it anymore so I need to find something new. :(

Cinnabunnie said... Best Blogger Tips

the foundation sounds really good^^ do you think you can review the lipstick and gloss duo> im thinking of getting it

bittersee said... Best Blogger Tips

I just got that foaming cleanser and i have to say i really like it. Tho this girl told me that its just a makeup remover, but i don't care. This other girl uses it who works for Dior and her skin looks flawless. my face does well with clinique cleansers. i was using the mild cleanser, but i wanted to change it up... im not impressed by their toners though.

Cydonian said... Best Blogger Tips

So glad you reviewed this! I used to work @ Macy's and when I was there, they didn't have the foundation (I don't think?)... so I got the daily protective base instead. It's great under powders and tinted moisturizers! I want to try the foundation now :) Thanks for the review.

Donna said... Best Blogger Tips

i had no idea clinique had this deal going on! thanks for shareing i might buy that foundation!

Ashley said... Best Blogger Tips

I love that Clinique almost always has a GWP at Sears or The Bay. You only need to spend $30 or lower to get a lipgloss, mascara, eye makeup remover and a lotion with a full size of something you A) want to try or B) already love.
I love the pink gel cream (too long of a name!) and I always buy it during a GWP. I have a lot of redness in my cheeks and I've tried green primers to green powder concealers but they haven't done much for me. I've grown to just leave the redness alone but this foundation is on a long list of "things to try".

Abby Q. said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks for all the info on Clinique, I've been interested in their foundation for a while lately so I'm gonna check it out when I go to the mall today :)

MUA Lindsay said... Best Blogger Tips

@whimsysophisticat- I was also told the Foaming Cleanser is just a makeup remover and not a cleanser. I still used the cleanser afterwards. FYI- it BURNS if you get it in your eyes! I've since switched to a Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil for makeup remover but still use Cliniques cleansers after - unless I'm being really lazy. Lol.

makeupbykatie said... Best Blogger Tips

Oooh lala! Gotta love GWPs(; They make the purchase more fullfilling right? Hahahaa