Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Review: Guerlain Lingerie De Peau Foundation

Underwear for skin? That's basically what the name of this foundation translates into English. However, this isn't your granny panties type of underwear, this is sexy, expensive Victoria's Secret panties. Guerlain Lingerie De Peau is the most luxurious and expensive foundation that I have ever purchased. Granted, I did not pay for this, I redeemed for it with my Shoppers Drug Mart Optimum points recently. I would be very hesitant to spend $62 CAD on a foundation, and if I did, it would have to work miracles on my skin. I have buyer's remorse buying makeup often and spending this much is totally excessive for me. Ramble over.

Guerlain De Peau is described as "foundation in such perfect osmosis with the skin that it glides on like an extremely fine silk stocking. As invisible to the eye as to the touch, it fuses with the skin like an imperceptible second skin. Impalpable and secret, this shapely, silken veil renders the complexion sublime without artifice. Its texture is so supple, so soft that it melts deliciously into the skin. Uniquely comfortable, its formulation is so light it becomes transparent. Lingerie de Peau acts in absolute, weightless affinity with the skin to infuse it with light and freshness. Sublimely transparent, the complexion becomes as soft and radiant as silk. A range of 9 natural shades, seeming to fuse so perfectly with the skin, it feels as though it were made just for you. The skin is coloured and evened out with total transparency. No colour is visible on the face; the complexion is simply fresh, radiant and disarmingly natural." (Guerlain's website)



Guerlain Lingerie De Peau comes in a hefty, luxurious (I will be using that word often here) glass bottle. it looks like you get more, but this is a 30ml bottle standard here. The front of the lid is monogrammed too. On the top of the cap there is a pretty gold emblem too. I wouldn't want to drop this on the floor in fear that it would break. The foundation inside looks really pretty suspended in this glass casing. This stuff has SPF 20 as well.

You get a lovely pump too. This foundation is perfect already and I haven't even talked about what's inside yet! It has a rose scent,which may bother some people, but I find it kind of nice. It gives a semi-matte, natural healthy appearance to  your skin. On the bottle, it says "invisible skin-fusion foundation" that is a very accurate description.


I was matched to the second lightest colour, "02 Beige Clair". It looked pretty yellow at the store, but once I took it home I noticed it was quite pink, which I do not like on my face since I have redness. I would of taken the lightest colour, but they were out of it. I've read that these shades do run a bit pink, Karla Sugar has posted some nice swatches here. The texture of this is very runny and liquidy, you wouldn't think this would give great coverage, but it really does. This feels like a second skin on, and gives an impeccably smooth, lovely finish. The best finish of any foundation I've ever used. Compared to the Lancome Teinte Idol, this stuff is much thinner. On the website, they suggest applying this with your hands, which I don't prefer, but this could definitely be applied that way, blending it down your neck is no issue either.


And that's where my story of the beauty that is Lingerie De Peau turns sour, this shade does not look right on me, something happens when you blend this in, it comes out looking too pink. You can tell in the swatch above, my actual skin colour is in the bottom left, and this is much too dark. I tried to work with this, blending down my neck (this blends like a dream), lighter powder over top (ruins the finish), but nothing, I have to get returned or exchanged.

This foundation feels amazing on the skin, it gives medium coverage while feeling extremely light and fresh on your face. This does not cake, applies like a dream and makes your skin look stunning. It even makes your skin feel like smoother to the touch. I hope I can get this in the lighter shade, otherwise, I am going to have to pick up something else. I loved this foundation, but the colour did not match me right.

Have you tried Guerlain's Lingerie De Peau? What's the most expensive foundation you've ever tried?

12 comments:

Kristie said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks for the great thorough review. I have tried a Guerlain foundation once, not sure if it was this one but it was terrible on me. It accentuated every dry patch on my face that I didn't even know existed. This sounds like a real winner though.

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Kristie - I would be very shocked if it was this, cause this stuff is liquid gold. This foundation is quite new too. ;)

Miss Krimson said... Best Blogger Tips

you should deff check out my review of this foundation! I'm happy someone else did a review on it too! It didn't score very high in my books....i mainly looked @ the ingredients...... not impressive!!!
Maricela
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ... vividfusion.blogspot.com ....Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Nancy said... Best Blogger Tips

The most expensive foundations I have tried is what I'm using now Chanel Pro Lumiere, which I HATE. I hate the finish of it, and I've tried applying it different ways (190, 187, damp sponge and F82).

I'm only less than 1/4 the way through. It's going to be a long few months.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Laura Mercier (about the same price as Chanel). I'm going to Burlington's Sephora on Friday to pick some more up!

Cydonian said... Best Blogger Tips

For such a high end foundation, what a bummer! I have the same problem as you with foundations because of my redness :(

Leticia said... Best Blogger Tips

Maybe it would work mixed with a moisturizer?

Shaylee Anne said... Best Blogger Tips

This sounds fantastic apart from the price! I'm going to have to keep saving my Shoppers points for this (only at a $10 reward right now haha) I just remembered I have a sample of this though, I will have to go dig it out of my sample drawer and test it out! Thanks for the review!

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Nancy - shocked! that chanel pro lumiere and vitalumiere are rated very well on makeupalley. I was thinking of picking that up, but SDM pulled Chanel too, not pleased at all. I may go with a Dior foundation instead, that is, IF they allow me to return this one.

Junerose said... Best Blogger Tips

Definitely return it, Justine. Shoppers has a 30 day return policy. Just tell them that you are allergic-to the color! Too bad that Guerlain foundations run pink. Otherwise, this sounds like a dream foundation. I highly recommend Clarins for foundation if you are interested.

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Junerose - tried returning it last night and the girl gave me issues, not pleased at all with SDM beauty boutique customer service at all, first they take away makeup forever all together and now they are not letting me return stuff. She told me it HAD to be brought back to the same shoppers where I bought it. I told her it's across town, she said it's not that far.. seriously? how about she tell me how to get there on the bus.. in the rain and cold weather. I don't see why it has to be returned to the same place. I think she just didn't want to return it. Shoppers, I am not a fan.

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

ps - I had my receipt, less than 30 days, original packaging everything with me. Told her the colour was wrong, and the lighter colour isn't much lighter. It got too pink on my face, she tried some on me, even after I told her I didn't want to and told me she would of matched me to the same colour. Okay lady, don't tell me what to think please.. I want to return this. geez

Jopie said... Best Blogger Tips

I love this foundation! But you're right. They don't have it in 01 there. I was going to get it for my mom since she liked it on me. Pretty weird considering we have the shade here in the Philippines where people tend to be more tan.