Thursday, March 17, 2011

Essie Summer 2010 Collection Swatches and Review

This set is old, but I picked it up recently so I thought I would review it here. I love Essie mini sets, I have a couple of them now and they are much cuter than buying the full size bottles, Essie is too expensive. I get most of my nail polish from Nailetc on Amazon, they are affordable and have a pretty good selection. I ordered the French Affair collection a few days ago too, so look out for that. Essie Summer 2010 collection came out last year, in the summer of 2010.. duh, and it had 4 fun and bright colours, I love the colours in this collection, and I am glad that Miss Matched wasn't included in this set, cause based on swatches I've seen, it's not the greatest.

The mini set came with Knockout Pout, Haute as Hello, Demure Vixen and Pretty Edgy. All swatches are three coats, some were a tad streaky. Pretty Edgy is my favourite from this collection, it had the more pigment and best application (two coats). I love Knockout Pout and Haute as Hello they are intensely bright and fun. Demure Vixen is definitely unique.

Knockout Pout is a bright almost neon pink, this was three coats. This is a great summer shade for sure.

Haute as Hello is an orange coral, bright as well, this was three coats. I thought this one was similar to Tart Deco, but that one is more orange, whereas this has a coral thing about it. This one would look terrific with a tan and I can see myself wearing this a lot in the warmer months.

Demure Vixen is a mauve with very subtle purple/pink shimmer. This one is really weird, it looks almost nude from far away, you won't notice the shimmers unless you are close up. Definitely need three coats with this or it can look quite watery. Probably my least favourite from this collection, but it's cool.

Pretty Edgy is a gorgeous kelly green, this is two coats. It reminds me of golf course grass. This one is much more bright yellowy green than OPI Jade is the New Black.

What was your fave from Essie's Summer 2010 collection?

9 comments:

Charlotte Pahline said... Best Blogger Tips

I just saw this kit on clearance at Ulta! Wishing I'd picked it up!

Leticia said... Best Blogger Tips

I love them all!

www.Victoria-Gabrielle.blogspot.com said... Best Blogger Tips

ooh they're al so pretty, perfect for spring/summer x

Gaby Fauchon said... Best Blogger Tips

I love Haute as Hello! Thanks for the swatches x

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Pretty! I LOVE the coral and the pink!!!

Tracy@Beauty Reflections said... Best Blogger Tips

Love them! Very summery!

ANNIE said... Best Blogger Tips

I bought two of these last summer! one for a blog giveaway and one for myself =P
all the colors are so lovely! the only problem I had with them (and all Essie nail polish) was the brush... it was a pain to use! do you have the same problem?

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@ANNIE - I find their brush pretty regular, like any other polish. What was your problem with it? I find their polishes tend to be quite watery sometimes.

Marilou said... Best Blogger Tips

Haute as Hello was definitely my FAVE! Such a pretty colour but as you said... that look way much better with a tan on :-)