Monday, March 28, 2011

OPI Texas Collection Swatches and Review

OPI Texas Spring/Summer 2011 collection had some really nice advertising promotional pictures,  I had a hard time choosing just one to put here, so I put several. I love the concept of this line.

This collection came with 12 new polish shades, including 6 "sorbet" shades, a new finish to the OPI family. Sorbets are gorgeous semi-sheer, jelly, high gloss finishes, they were what interested me most in this collection, and a great addition to your summer polish collection. OPI Texas had shades for everyone I think, some brights, some subtle and some dark shades. I liked the "Don't Mess With OPI" shade too, but it looked very similar to "Jade is the New Black", so I passed on it, for now. 

"Ya'll Come Back Ya Hear?" is an orange sorbet, it's bright and very punchy and summery. This is three coats, you can see a bit of my nail line here, a problem that I have with sorbets, I wish they were more opaque, but if you load on the coats you'll be fine. This is super glossy too, I hope the picture picks that up a bit. I normally don't take pictures outside, but had to with these, plus the weather here was quite nice today.

"Big Hair..Big Nails" is a reddish orange sorbet, I tried to pick a picture that captured this well, it can look red, but under bright light it looks orangey coral, a colour that I really like. My bf says it looks "blood orange", so perhaps that is a better description. This is three coats here, you could get away with one coat and then another thick on top. No topcoat in either pictures here, the polish themselves are super glossy on their own.

I am totally loving the sorbet finish, I normally love the look of jelly polishes, but find them so sheer and annoying to put on, these OPI sorbets aren't bad at all. I like my nails looking opaque and with three coats you can achieve this and I think the glossiness and lovely colours speak for themselves. 

What shades did you pick up from OPI Texas?

9 comments:

Tracy@Beauty Reflections said... Best Blogger Tips

They are really bright! Love it! They would like really good on toes for the summer I bet!

25FLNDN said... Best Blogger Tips

I quite like the look of Big Hair Big Nails. It's such a juicy looking orange based coral!

Marilou said... Best Blogger Tips

Aw these aren't as bad as I though they were! I didn't like this collection at all, but I got to say that these colours look very good on you and the description is quite intersting. JELLY polishes... I didn't even know that existed, well thanks girl, I'll die less stupid tonight :) x

Marilou said... Best Blogger Tips

I'll SLEEP...LOL not die -___-

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Marilou - haha okay! :)

beautyparler said... Best Blogger Tips

Like the Big Hair...Big Nails on you!

wimbly11 said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh! I want Big Hair Big Nails!!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Both of these shades look really nice on you Justine! I haven't picked anything up from this collection yet but I would like to! I am on such a nail polish kick lately! :)

Tracy D said... Best Blogger Tips

Haven't yet but I do also like 'Do you think I'm Texy'!