Tuesday, August 2, 2011

What's In My Travel Makeup Bag?

I haven't blogged anything in what seems like forever. I went away on a vacation sort of, not the type that most people go on I guess, we went camping. It's something that we've done as a family for years, always the same park. It's a nice way to relax and wind down a bit.

Not everyone takes makeup with them when they go camping. Keep in mind this a provincial park that we go to, there is running water, electricity, real bathrooms etc, so you can take a shower and keep clean. When I tell some of my friends that I go camping they think I am out fighting wild animals in the bush, it's nothing like that, just some giant bugs here and there.


Anyway, I take as minimal of a approach as possible when I go camping with what makeup I bring along. It's interesting to see what I took with me, these items are *good enough* to warrant bringing along on a trip.

1. Make Up For Ever Face and Body - A light foundation, pretty easy to put on, you can use your hands mostly. Leaves a dewy natural finish, light coverage.

2. Maybelline Fit Me - I've had a total turnaround with this foundation, I just thought it was average when I first got it, but over the summer it's been my go-to. Great colour match for my tanned skin, and like the light coverage for the summer.

3. MAC Careblend Pressed Medium Dark - My setting powder for the liquid foundations, does not sink into fine lines, looks great on dry skin.

4. MAC Fun and Games blush - I couldn't pass up a good peachy orange blush, although I think I wore this once and that's it. Don't need blush really.

5. Posh powder brush - Used this to apply blush

6. Sigma F45 Buffer Brush - Used this to apply the powder.

7. MAC Paint Pot in Rubenesque - This was my eyeshadow for the trip, that's it, applies with fingers easy peasy.

8. Revlon Eye Lashes Curler - My go-to at home too, no fancy eyelash curlers here.

9. Garnier Eye Roller Anti Dark Circle - This was a tad too dark for me (in light), but now in the summer it works nicely, good for under eyes, doesn't conceal a whole lot though.

10. Sigma F80 Flat Top - My go-to forever for foundation application, the only brush you need when you go traveling.

11. Rimmel Sexy Curves Mascara - Love the definition and lift that this gives, although a bit of a pain to take off.

12. Lancome Definicils Mascara - This one is a sample from a gift with purchase deal, it gives natural looking lashes, easy to apply, nice one.

What do you take traveling with you in terms of makeup?

12 comments:

Lauren said... Best Blogger Tips

This is minimal??? This is a ton of stuff!!

When camping, I'd maybe take some coverup, oh and like chapstick..

D.Sadie (D.G.S.Beauty) said... Best Blogger Tips

Nice! I need to get me a travel makeup bag now.

Lilladylife said... Best Blogger Tips

wow~! im going away soon and choosing what to bring, ur post really helped! I need to cut down on junk and bring more essentials like u!

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Lauren - To each their own. I am a beauty blogger, so I take makeup with me everywhere, even camping :) Thanks for the comment.

Mandy said... Best Blogger Tips

I've seen so many people rave about the Sigma F-80 Flat Top! Do I need another brush for applying foundation? Maybe, since none make me *entirely* happy... maybe this would be the one that changes everything :-)

Mandy said... Best Blogger Tips

OH, and also: I don't think this is a lot at all! I would totally take similar items camping with me, too! :-)

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

I hope you had a great trip!!! I love to camp too!!! And, I always bring makeup when I go camping...minimal makeup, but still!

Blusherine said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh I love these posts! And I love "Fun & Games", it's one of my favorite blushes!!
You did pretty good with your travel makeup bag, I wish I could ever pack so wisely, I always bring wayyyyyyy too much stuff!

Tamine said... Best Blogger Tips

No lipstick?

Bailey said... Best Blogger Tips

I so need to get Rubenesque.

I went to re-order my MSFN and my shade was out of stock, so I went with the careblend (thanks you your review)anyhow, it is great!

Kysbel S said... Best Blogger Tips

Just the right amount to take with on a trip ;) the f80 is awesome! my favorite brush of all.

Justine (Productrater) said... Best Blogger Tips

@Tamine - I rarely wear lipstick, only for special occasions, and definitely not while camping. :) x